seasonal studio assistant
position: seasonal part time, flexible days
start date: asap
compensation: starting $15/ hour
gold + ivy is looking for a seasonal studio assistant to join our candle studio based in Nashville. As a studio assistant, key responsibilities include assisting production by managing and performing both pre and post production duties of the candle making process. Day to day responsibilities will fluctuate depending on the week - this is part of the fun working for a small business! While small business history is a plus, you don’t have to have experience with making home fragrance products- we will teach you everything! We are looking for someone who has a genuine desire to be part of a small business.
duties + responsibilities:
- Pre-production of candles including inspecting, wicking, and labeling
- Post-production of candles including cleaning jars, heating tops, and packaging
- Warehouse maintenance, including cleaning, updating displays, and organizing
- Preparing shipping materials, and assisting with order fulfillment
- Managing stock levels and tracking inventory
- Perform other related duties as assigned
requirements + desired skills:
- Physical strength, this job will require repeated lifting of 50+ lbs and 7-8 hours of standing a day.
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages - with calculator)
- Must have a can-do work ethic
- Responsible, dependable and honest
- Self starter with strong creative problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and consistency
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Passion for candles + home fragrance is a plus
- You will be working in a fully functioning and very fragrant candle studio. Please be advised that this job is not ideal for those with fragrance sensitivities
how to apply:
If you’re interested in applying, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please attach your PDF resume + in the body of the email, tell us about yourself + why you want to work for g+i.