production + operations assistant
position: full time, M-F
start date: asap
gold + ivy is looking for a production + operations assistant to join our candle studio based in Nashville. As a production + operations assistant, key responsibilities include all aspects of making inventory, inventory management, and online order shipping + fulfillment. Day to day responsibilities will fluctuate depending on the week - this is part of the fun working for a small business! While small business history is a plus, you don’t have to have experience with making home fragrance products- we will teach you everything! We are looking for someone who has a genuine desire to be part of a small business.
duties + responsibilities:
- Cleaning and preparing jars + bottles in preparation for production
- Filling wax melters daily with 50lb+ of wax
- Hand pouring products including measuring and mixing ingredients
- Post-production including cleaning jars, labeling, heating tops and packaging
- Managing stock levels and tracking inventory
- Packaging and processing online orders for shipment
- Perform other related duties as assigned
requirements + desired skills:
- Physical strength, this job will require repeated lifting of 50+ lbs and 7-8 hours of standing a day.
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages - with calculator)
- Must have a can-do work ethic
- Responsible, dependable and honest
- Self starter with strong creative problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and consistency
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Passion for candles + home fragrance is a plus
- You will be working in a fully functioning and very fragrant candle studio. Please be advised that this job is not ideal for those with fragrance sensitivities
how to apply:
If you’re interested in applying, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please attach your PDF resume + in the body of the email, tell us about yourself + why you want to work for g+i.